Filleadh ar Scoil – Plean na Scoile/Return to School – School Plan
Achoimire Na bPríomhpoinntí/Summary of Main Points
N.B. / PLEASE NOTE:
- Children returning from holidays abroad: Anyone returning from a red list country will have to quarantine for 14 days before returning to school (proof in the form of a return boarding pass may be required) Anyone returning from a green list country will not have to quarantine. In any event, please do not send your child to school if they are sick.
- Masks/visors for children allowed (parental decision).
ÉIDE SCOILE- UNIFORMS
Uniform and tracksuit may be worn on alternate days to allow for more frequent cleaning if desired. Uniforms or tracksuits should be taken off straight after the child arrives home from school for the day. They should not be worn in after-school facilities, shops, during after-school activities.
LEABHAIR & OBAIR BHAILE – BOOKS & HOMEWORK
Each child will have their own box (supplied by school) for books and stationery. There will be no formal homework for the month of September, apart from reading and occasional homebased activities. This will be reviewed at the end of the month. Therefore, there will be no transfer of books/copies/pencil cases between home and school. The only items children need to bring to school daily are a lunch box & drink bottle and coat.
Automatic sanitising stations are in place in each classroom. Also there are sanitising facilities outside front door and to the rear outside cabins. You may send a small bottle of sanitiser and tissues with your child which they can store in their box (labelled). All rooms have warm water.
The classes are split into 2 groups for breaks and teacher supervision.
GRÚPA 1- Náionáin go Rang 3: 10.30 – 10.50 agus 12.20 go 12.40
GRÚPA 2- Rang 4 go Rang 6: 10.50 go 11.10 agus 12.40 go 1.00
Each class will be allocated a play space on the yard.
Previous learning will be re-taught, revised and consolidated before new learning is introduced (for at least the month of September). Greater time will be given to Gaeilge Labhartha, Maths, Oral English, SPHE and PE. PE will be outdoors only and weather permitting.
SA SEOMRA/IN CLASS
We have implemented as much physical distancing as can be achieved in classrooms. Infants to Rang 2 will sit in ‘pods’ (neadacha) of 4 to 6 with space between each nead. Senior classes are configured to allow children sit at the end of a table with the tables separated by 1m. (See photos below) Each classroom will be treated as a separate bubble for yard etc. and will not mix with other classes.
Coats must be hung on back of chair or in schoolbag. There will be no sharing of belongings. Windows will be open for ventilation. Velcro shoes to be worn if children cannot tie shoelaces please.
|NEADACHA – Naíonáin go Rang 2|
All classrooms and toilets will be cleaned daily. A fogging machine has also been purchased.
Signage will be at prominent points around the school buildings and in classrooms.
SEOMRAÍ LEITHLISE/ ISOLATION ROOMS
Two isolation rooms have been designated if needed (including temporary hire of new prefab)
We strongly encourage children to walk or cycle to school. Please note the following changes to the school car park, see attached map: Carrchlós Nua
- No parking in the carpark, except for staff.
- There is a designated ‘drop and go’ area at the front of the school. Strictly no parking will be allowed in this area.
- There is a designated bus drop and collection area at the school footpath.
- Parking if required will be to the rear of the pitch. Children arriving by car may be left to the gate adjacent to the viewing steps and will follow the footpath to access school grounds at the tunnel. Please note that adults accompanying children will not be permitted beyond the tunnel area.
Drop Off and Collection Times
Schools must “limit interaction on arrival and departure from school.” See below.
To help reduce the amount of traffic around the school grounds, children are asked to walk, cycle, scoot to school if at all possible.
TÚS AN LAE/START OF SCHOOL DAY
Arrival to school will be from 8.40 to 9.10 each morning. To minimise the risks, and help maintain social distancing, the children are not permitted onto school grounds before 8.40am.
The following arrival and departure procedures will be put in place
8.40 All staff to be present to support arrival of pupils; Class teachers to be in classroom; SETs SNAs and Principal to support arrival of pupils at front and sides of school.
8.40 – 8.50 Arrival of buses; Arrival of Children with no siblings
8.50 – 9.00 Arrival of Children with siblings – Naíonaín go Rang a 2
9.00 – 9.10 Arrival of children with siblings – Rang a 3 go Rang a 6 and Mixed (Junior and Senior)
- Children will go straight to their class room every morning. There will be no línte or congregating on yard.
- Children from Naíonáin Shoisir (Múinteoir Yvonne) will use the main front door.
- Children from Naíonáin Shinsir (Rang Jade) will use the entrance door of St Mary’s. Children in prefabs go straight to their prefab.
- Children will sanitise upon entering the school (there will be a sanitisation point at each entrance).
- Children will hang their coats on the back of their chairs in order to avoid congregating at the coat hangers.
We ask for co-operation with these times as it will mean that the numbers on school grounds at any one time will be minimised. No adults, other than staff members, should enter the school building or classrooms and admittance beyond drop-off points will not be permitted except by appointment only. Messages for teachers can be sent through Aladdin or by phoning the school office.
End of School Day
- When the school day for that class is over the following staggered arrangements will apply –
- 2.10Departure of children going home by bus. School buses will have their own guidance about seating.
- 2.15Departure of children walking/cycling home
- 2.20Collection of all other children
Adults, who are collecting their children from school at the end of the day, should wait at the designated markers on the steps (beside St. Mary’s main pitch) with social distance observed. Adults should leave the collection area once children have been collected in order to avoid congestion.
We ask for co-operation with these times as it will mean that the numbers congregating on school grounds at any one time will be minimised.
It is imperative that
- adults stay 2m apart
- Parents do not try to have meetings with members of staff in the playground at drop-off and collection times – meetings between parents and teachers can only take place by prior arrangement. It is hoped that most correspondence will be able to take place via email.
- All parents adhere to the drop-off and collection plans as outlined.
We would ask all parents to familiarise themselves with the drop-off and collection routines for the safe delivery and collection of pupils from school. Please be patient as we endeavour to embed these necessary precautionary and protective practices at the beginning of the school year. As problems arise the routine will be altered if necessary.
RANGANNA / CLASSES for 2020-2021
Fáilte roimh Múinteoir Katie agus Múinteoir Emily. Seo mar a bheidh na ranganna roinnte don scoilbhliain nua:
We welcome Múinteoir Katie and Múinteoir Emily. Classes will be divided as follows for the new school year:
Naíonáin Shóisir/Junior Infants Múinteoir Yvonne
Naíonáin Shinsir/Senior Infants Múinteoir Jade
Rang 1 Múinteoir Laura Ann
Rang 2 Múinteoir Fiona from 1/1/21 (Múinteoir EMILY from start)
Rang 3 Múinteoir Samantha
Rang 4 Múinteoir KATIE
Rang 4/5 Múinteoir Liz
Rang 5 Múinteoir Katríona
Rang 6 Múinteoir Paddy
Speisialta/Special Ed 1 Múinteoir Herta
Speisialta/Special Ed 2 Múinteoir Aengus & Múinteoir Dara (job-share)
Speisialta/Special Ed 3 Múinteoir Gráinne
SNA (3) Síle, Bríd, Sorcha
Príomhoide Múinteoir Mícheál