Fáilte Ar Ais/Welcome Back:
Tá súil againn go raibh saoire deasa agaibh. Athbhliain Faoi Mhaise daoibh go léir!
We hope you all had a nice break and we would like to wish everyone a happy new year.
- CAIRDE agus tuismitheoirí dona sóláistí le linn don cheolchoirm a bheith ar siúl, Ta cúpla duais fós le bailiú.
- Na páistí agus tuistí a chan carúil na Nollag i Tesco ar son Bóthar ar an 20 Nollaig agus a bhailigh €125,
- Tá muid an-bhuíoch as earraí neamh mheatacha do chumann SVP a thug daoine isteach.
- CAIRDE and volunteers for organising another successful Christmas Show Refreshment party and raffle. If anyone knows the following people, can you please inform them they have won a prize in the raffle and to collect asap from the school – Lisa Waters, Mary O Connor & Ger Buckley.
- The children and parents who made a special effort to attend the Carúil na Nollaig for “Bóthar” on 20th Dec. & who raised €125.
- Thank you to those who donated to the St Vincent De Paul Christmas appeal for needy families.
DVD don Ceolchoirm/DVD of the Christmas Concert:
Beidh an DVD le fáil ón scoil go luath. Beidh siad tugtha amach dóibh siúd a d’íoc, don pháiste is sinne sa scoil. Má thug tú ordú ar an lá, agus nár íoc tú fós, ba mhaith linn meabhrán a thabhairt daoibh faoi. Ta féilirí ar fail go fóill ón Oifig.
The DVD of the school Christmas Concert is on order and will be available soon, and will be distributed to the oldest child in the family, for those who have already paid. Some people had given an order for the DVD on the day of the concert, but have not yet paid, and are reminded to do so now please. Calendars are also available from the office.
TRADITIONAL MUSIC CLASSES/ COMHALTAS CEOLTÓIRÍ EIREANN – FRED FINN BRANCH
Beidh an clárúcháin dona ranganna seo ar siúl sa Ghaelscoil anocht, Dé Máirt 12ú Eanair ó 7.00-8.30i.n. Tósóidh na ranganna arís ar an Satharn 16ú Eanair.
Registration for the new term for traditional music classes will take place in the school this evening Tuesday 12th January from 7.00- 8.30pm. Classes will resume on Saturday 16th January. These classes are not organised by the school, merely facilitated as a venue.
NB PLEASE NOTE:
Ar mhaithe le hÁrachas, is gá go ndéanfar aon pháiste a bhíonn bailithe i rith uaireanta scoile a shíniú amach. Tá foirm ar fáil san oifig. Ní féidir aon eisceacht a dhéanamh. Ní gá iad a shíniú isteach arís; ná i gcás páiste atá déanach is leor nóta ná glaoch gutháin. Freisin, tá sé fíor-thábhactach go mbíonn sonraí teagmhála tuistí againn do gach páiste sa scoil.
For Insurance reasons, any child collected from school within school hours MUST be signed out. A form is available in the office. No exceptions please. If a relative or friend is collecting the child, please inform them of this rule. There is no necessity to sign the child back in to school if they are returning from an appointment or if they are coming in late. A note/phone call to explain delay is sufficient. Also, it is imperative that the school has a contact number of a parent/guardian for each child, which is accessible at all times. If you have changed/updated any of your contact details recently, please let Muireann in the school office know immediately, thank you.
NB AN CLÓS/PÁIRCEÁIL:
We ask again that parents take note of the car parking rules in place, to avoid injury and inconvenience to other drivers coming in behind.
Ar mhaithe le Sábháilteacht agus riaradh an carrchlóis, bheimis buíoch ach go dtabharfadh tuismitheoirí aird ar na nithe seo a leanas:
To ensure safety at all times in the car-park, we would ask parents to pay careful attention to the following points.
A one-way system is in operation. Turn left when you come in the gate.
Afternoons – please leave car spaces beside the footpath free for buses. This is very important for the safety of the children boarding buses.
It is not safe to stop anywhere other than in a parking space to let your child(ren) out of/into the car. Also, stopping at the small wall in front of the school causes a backlog of traffic and prevents buses getting through. Please be considerate of other drivers.
- Chomh fada agus is féidir, ba choir do pháistí/tuistí an cosán a úsáid.
- As far as is possible, please make use of the footpath.
- Chabhródh sé le plódú ar maidin agus tráthnóna dá mbeadh daoine sásta síobanna a roinnt!
- It would be extremely helpful to prevent congestion if “car-pooling” could be arranged among families who live close to one another.
- Tá an t-ádh linn go bhfuil Páirc Mitchell Curley-in aice láimhe, agus maor tráchta lena chinntiú go trasnaíonn daoine go sábháilte. Más féidir, bain úsáid as an áis seo chun páirceáil agus lig dona páistí siúl ar scoil, chun brú tráchta a sheachaint maidin agus tráthnóna araon. Go raibh maith agat.
- We are fortunate to have Mitchell-Curley Park nearby, and a traffic warden to ensure safe crossing. If possible, please use the facility to park, and have older children walk to/from the school to save congestion both in the mornings and afternoons. Thank you.
- Tá an taobh clé den charrchlós (taobh leis an bpáirc peile) in áirithe do pháirceáil foirne, agus bheimis buíoch as do chomhoibriú na spásanna anseo a fhágáil don fhoireann ar maidin.
- The left side of the car park (beside football pitch) is reserved for staff parking, and we would appreciate your cooperation in leaving place for staff to park in the mornings.
Generally, we urge you to please drive with care and to come in the school gates at a slow speed. Also, you must follow the road around to the left to avoid accidents. Míle Buíochas!